There are schools offering health information programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive health information degrees every year. Thus, Massachusetts' 7 health information schools put out approximately 54 health information technicians each year.
Fisher College, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with a degree in health information from Fisher College in 2010. The tuition rate at Fisher College was $24,600 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a health information program is Laboure College. Laboure College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. Tuition at Laboure College was $25,188 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a health information program is Massachusetts Bay Community College. Massachusetts Bay Community College, which was ranked 87th in the country in 2010, is located in Wellesley Hills. In 2010, Massachusetts Bay Community College graduated 17 students from its health information programs. Students at Massachusetts Bay Community College paid $3,624 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Massachusetts' health information schools ranges from $25,188 per year to $3,276 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,695 per year. The Massachusetts health information schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Laboure College - located in Boston, students are charged $25,188 per year
- Fisher College - located in Boston, students are charged $24,600 per year
- Gibbs College-Boston - located in Boston, students are charged $11,215 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
A health information degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a health information technician. Massachusetts had 5,710 health information technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Massachusetts health information technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 3,330 health information technicians
- Windham County - 640 health information technicians
- Hartford County - 390 health information technicians
The government projects that the number of health information technicians in Massachusetts will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,760 health information technicians working in Massachusetts.
On average, health information technicians earn $40,230 per year. However, Massachusetts health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,670 per year to more than $67,210 per year in 2010. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Barnstable County - $41,150 per year
- Windham County - $39,790 per year
- Middlesex County - $39,770 per year
On average, health information technicians earns the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Franklin County - $32,890 per year
- Berkshire County - $33,560 per year
- Bristol County - $35,977 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in health information and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Health Information in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||5,710||$40,230||6.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Massachusetts