There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Massachusetts
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Connecticut
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Vermont
- Healthcare Administration Programs in New Hampshire
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Maine
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Rhode Island
- Healthcare Administration Programs in New York
- See All Schools in Massachusetts
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Massachusetts graduates receive degrees in healthcare administration. In other words, every year an estimated 544 healthcare administrators graduate from Massachusetts' 23 healthcare administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a healthcare administration program is Boston University. Boston University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 189 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from Boston University in 2010. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a healthcare administration program is Northeastern University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. In 2010, 54 students graduated from Northeastern University healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Brandeis University, which is located in Waltham, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 71 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Brandeis University in 2010. The tuition rate at Brandeis University was $40,289 per year.
Tuition at Massachusetts' healthcare administration schools ranges from $40,289 per year to $3,384 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,983 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Massachusetts healthcare administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Brandeis University - located in Waltham, students are charged $40,289 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
The healthcare administration schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Massachusetts go on to work as a healthcare administrator. If you decide to work as a healthcare administrator in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,910 Massachusetts healthcare administrators as of 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of healthcare administrators are:
- Bristol County - 5,610 healthcare administrators
- Hartford County - 770 healthcare administrators
- Windham County - 740 healthcare administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of healthcare administrators is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,060 healthcare administrators working in the Massachusetts then.
A healthcare administrator in Massachusetts earns $112,670 per year on average. But, salaries for healthcare administrators can vary. In 2010, healthcare administrators made as little as less than $44,170 per year or as much as more than $162,210 per year in Massachusetts. A healthcare administrator in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barnstable County - $112,685 per year
- Berkshire County - $112,470 per year
- Hartford County - $112,090 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare administrators are:
- Franklin County - $80,030 per year
- Essex County - $92,365 per year
- Worcester County - $96,780 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,910||$112,670||28.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Massachusetts