There are schools offering history degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering History Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a history program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. In 2010, Harvard University graduated 239 students from its history program. Students at Harvard University paid $38,415 per year in tuition fees.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is located in Cambridge, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a history program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology history program. Tuition at Massachusetts Institute of Technology was $39,212 per year.
Tufts University, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a history program. It is located in Medford. In 2010, Tufts University graduated 52 students from its history programs. Tufts University charged in-state students $41,598 in tuition fees per year.
History schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $26,992 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,982 per year, or as little as $3,144 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bard College at Simon's Rock - located in Great Barrington, students are charged $41,982 per year
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Williams College - located in Williamstown, students are charged $41,434 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts history schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Bridgewater State University - located in Bridgewater, students are charged $7,053 per year
A history degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a historian. Massachusetts had 50 historians in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of historians work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 40 historians
On average, historians earn $69,900 per year. But, salaries for historians can vary. In 2010, historians made as little as less than $44,550 per year or as much as more than $98,470 per year in Massachusetts. On average a historian earns the most in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Bristol County - $66,320 per year
For more data regarding a career in history in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in History in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in History in Massachusetts
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Massachusetts