There are schools offering paramedic programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Massachusetts
Your Favorite Schools
Northeastern University, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Northeastern University's paramedic program. Tuition at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a paramedic program is Springfield College, which is located in Springfield. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 2 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Springfield College in 2010. Students at Springfield College paid $28,585 per year in tuition fees.
Massachusetts Bay Community College, which is located in Wellesley Hills, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 87th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Massachusetts Bay Community College paramedic program. Tuition at Massachusetts Bay Community College was $3,624 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' paramedic schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,079 per year, though tuition can range from $36,792 per year to $3,384 per year. The Massachusetts paramedic schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Springfield College - located in Springfield, students are charged $28,585 per year
- Greenfield Community College - located in Greenfield, students are charged $4,310 per year
The following Massachusetts paramedic schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Massachusetts Bay Community College - located in Wellesley Hills, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Massachusetts go on to work as a paramedic. If you decide to work as a paramedic in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,190 Massachusetts paramedics as of 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of paramedics work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 3,300 paramedics
- Windham County - 650 paramedics
- Hartford County - 430 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Massachusetts will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,600 paramedics working in Massachusetts.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $36,940 per year in Massachusetts state. However, Massachusetts paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,160 per year to more than $68,990 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a paramedic are:
- Barnstable County - $45,380 per year
- Essex County - $41,140 per year
- Windham County - $37,910 per year
A paramedic in the following counties in Massachusetts make the lowest salaries on average:
- Franklin County - $35,330 per year
- Middlesex County - $35,525 per year
- Hartford County - $36,730 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Massachusetts
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,266 miles from location||Northeastern University||Boston||MA||82.4476||20%||27,537|
|5,301 miles from location||Quinsigamond Community College||Worcester||MA||10.7274||n/a||8,349|
|5,271 miles from location||Northern Essex Community College||Haverhill||MA||9.60858||n/a||7,385|
|5,274 miles from location||Massachusetts Bay Community College||Wellesley Hills||MA||13.4837||n/a||5,456|
|5,336 miles from location||Springfield College||Springfield||MA||31.5966||35%||5,107|
|5,218 miles from location||Cape Cod Community College||West Barnstable||MA||8.73914||n/a||4,657|
|5,347 miles from location||Greenfield Community College||Greenfield||MA||10.9609||n/a||2,546|
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics +||6,190||$36,940||21.6%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians +||720||$32,660||18.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Massachusetts