There are schools offering personal training certifications in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Massachusetts
Around 0.1% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from personal training degree programs every year. Thus, Massachusetts' 11 personal training schools put out approximately 119 personal trainers each year.
Boston University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a personal training program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, Boston University graduated 17 students from its personal training program. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a personal training program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Northeastern University personal training program. Tuition at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Endicott College, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a personal training program. It is located in Beverly. 11 students graduated with degree in personal training from Endicott College in 2010. The tuition rate at Endicott College was $26,248 per year.
Personal training schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $22,212 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,864 per year, or as little as $4,470 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Merrimack College - located in North Andover, students are charged $31,380 per year
The following Massachusetts personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mount Wachusett Community College - located in Gardner, students are charged $4,470 per year
- Bridgewater State University - located in Bridgewater, students are charged $7,053 per year
- Salem State University - located in Salem, students are charged $7,230 per year
A personal training degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Massachusetts go on to work as a personal trainer. Massachusetts had 8,150 personal trainers in 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Bristol County - 5,170 personal trainers
- Middlesex County - 670 personal trainers
- Essex County - 630 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 13,770. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in Massachusetts makes an average of $46,420 per year. But, salaries for personal trainers can vary. In 2010, personal trainers made as little as less than $17,620 per year or as much as more than $85,860 per year in Massachusetts. A personal trainer in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $56,545 per year
- Worcester County - $54,980 per year
- Barnstable County - $48,860 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Berkshire County - $34,110 per year
- Hartford County - $36,640 per year
- Bristol County - $38,117 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Personal Training in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||8,150||$46,420||34.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Massachusetts