There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Massachusetts
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a physical therapy program is Boston University. Boston University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 60 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy from Boston University in 2010. The tuition rate at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Boston. 130 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Northeastern University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Simmons College, which is located in Boston, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a physical therapy program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. 78 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Simmons College in 2010. Students at Simmons College paid $32,230 per year in tuition fees.
Physical therapy schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $24,954 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,864 per year, or as little as $10,506 per year. In 2010, the physical therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Simmons College - located in Boston, students are charged $32,230 per year
The physical therapy schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell - located in Lowell, students are charged $10,506 per year
- American International College - located in Springfield, students are charged $26,700 per year
- Springfield College - located in Springfield, students are charged $28,585 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts physical therapy graduates become physical therapists. 6,700 physical therapists were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of physical therapists are:
- Bristol County - 3,790 physical therapists
- Essex County - 720 physical therapists
- Windham County - 600 physical therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,970 physical therapists will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of physical therapists to grow by 19%.
On average, physical therapists earn $75,190 per year. However, this number is only an average. physical therapists in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $43,970 to $129,230 per year in 2010. On average a physical therapist earns the most in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Barnstable County - $80,300 per year
- Berkshire County - $79,990 per year
- Bristol County - $78,348 per year
On average, physical therapists earns the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Franklin County - $71,695 per year
- Essex County - $72,997 per year
- Worcester County - $73,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Massachusetts
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,267 miles from location||Boston University||Boston||MA||85.9479||20%||31,960|
|5,266 miles from location||Northeastern University||Boston||MA||82.4476||20%||27,537|
|5,283 miles from location||University of Massachusetts-Lowell||Lowell||MA||30.5008||37%||13,602|
|5,336 miles from location||Springfield College||Springfield||MA||31.5966||35%||5,107|
|5,267 miles from location||Simmons College||Boston||MA||65.2275||18%||5,003|
|5,336 miles from location||American International College||Springfield||MA||51.0356||31%||3,414|
|5,265 miles from location||MGH Institute of Health Professions||Charlestown||MA||1.96259||n/a||900|
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapists +||6,700||$75,190||21.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Massachusetts