There are schools offering public relations degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Public Relations Programs in Massachusetts
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Massachusetts graduates receive degrees in public relations. Thus, Massachusetts' 9 public relations schools put out approximately 320 public relations professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a public relations program is Boston University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 70 students graduated with a degree in public relations from Boston University in 2010. Tuition at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a public relations program is Northeastern University. Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 1 students graduated with degree in public relations from Northeastern University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Emerson College, which is located in Boston, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a public relations program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 59 students graduated from Emerson College public relations program. The tuition rate at Emerson College was $31,422 per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts public relations school, average tuition will be $25,329 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,624 per year to $39,864 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Massachusetts public relations schools were charged at the following schools:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Emerson College - located in Boston, students are charged $31,422 per year
The following Massachusetts public relations schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Salem State University - located in Salem, students are charged $7,230 per year
- The New England Institute of Art - located in Brookline, students are charged $18,902 per year
A public relations degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The largest populations of Massachusetts public relations professional are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 1,540 public relations professionals
- Middlesex County - 150 public relations professionals
- Windham County - 90 public relations professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of public relations professionals is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,320 public relations professionals working in the Massachusetts then.
On average, public relations professionals earn $115,930 per year. However, this number is only an average. Public relations professional in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $45,940 to $133,110 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for public relations professionals are:
- Bristol County - $121,020 per year
- Middlesex County - $118,660 per year
- Hartford County - $106,820 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for public relations professional:
- Franklin County - $79,240 per year
- Essex County - $88,020 per year
- Windham County - $101,680 per year
On average, the highest paid public relations professionals in Massachusetts were:
- Public Relations Manager - $115,930 per year
On average, the lowest paid public relations professionals in Massachusetts were:
- Public Relations Manager - $115,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in public relations in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or advertising, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Public Relations in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Public Relations in Massachusetts
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,267 miles from location||Boston University||Boston||MA||85.9479||20%||31,960|
|5,266 miles from location||Northeastern University||Boston||MA||82.4476||20%||27,537|
|5,259 miles from location||Salem State University||Salem||MA||26.9378||31%||10,125|
|5,265 miles from location||Suffolk University||Boston||MA||59.9395||16%||9,148|
|5,218 miles from location||Cape Cod Community College||West Barnstable||MA||8.73914||n/a||4,657|
|5,265 miles from location||Emerson College||Boston||MA||72.0892||26%||4,556|
|5,302 miles from location||Assumption College||Worcester||MA||29.7589||17%||2,794|
|5,267 miles from location||The New England Institute of Art||Brookline||MA||26.5632||96%||1,615|
|5,277 miles from location||Regis College||Weston||MA||56.8755||19%||1,586|
Curious what studying Public Relations gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers +||2,120||$115,930||30.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public relations related jobs in Massachusetts