There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Massachusetts
Around 0.2% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from radiology degree programs every year. Thus, Massachusetts' 19 radiology technician schools put out approximately 340 radiology technicians each year.
Boston University, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Boston University graduated 8 students from its radiology technician program. The tuition rate at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a radiology technician program is Northeastern University. Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. Students at Northeastern University paid $36,792 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a radiology technician program is Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences radiology technician program. Students at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences paid $25,480 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' radiology technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,384 per year, though tuition can range from $39,864 per year to $3,144 per year. The Massachusetts radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Regis College - located in Weston, students are charged $30,300 per year
The radiology technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Massachusetts go on to work as a radiology technician. 6,760 radiology technicians were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of radiology technicians are:
- Bristol County - 4,310 radiology technicians
- Windham County - 540 radiology technicians
- Hartford County - 530 radiology technicians
The government projects that the number of radiology technicians in Massachusetts will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,940 radiology technicians working in Massachusetts.
A radiology technician in Massachusetts earns $78,920 per year on average. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a radiology technician are:
- Bristol County - $70,370 per year
- Barnstable County - $68,970 per year
- Essex County - $66,460 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Franklin County - $58,270 per year
- Hartford County - $58,730 per year
- Windham County - $63,840 per year
For more data regarding a career in radiology in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Radiology in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Radiology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||8,820||$170,950||18.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Massachusetts