There are schools offering school psychology programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in school psychology. Thus, Massachusetts' 8 school psychology schools put out approximately 193 school psychologists each year.
Tufts University, which is located in Medford, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Tufts University's school psychology program. The tuition rate at Tufts University was $41,598 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a school psychology program is Northeastern University. Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 117 students graduated with degree in school psychology from Northeastern University in 2010. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a school psychology program is Suffolk University. Suffolk University, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 8 students graduated with degree in school psychology from Suffolk University in 2010. Suffolk University charged in-state students $28,526 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Massachusetts' school psychology schools ranges from $41,598 per year to $7,155 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,412 per year. In 2010, the school psychology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Suffolk University - located in Boston, students are charged $28,526 per year
The school psychology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Worcester State University - located in Worcester, students are charged $7,155 per year
- University of Massachusetts-Boston - located in Boston, students are charged $10,611 per year
- University of Massachusetts Amherst - located in Amherst, students are charged $11,917 per year
A school psychology degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts school psychology graduates become school psychologists. In 2010, there were 4,180 school psychologists working in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of school psychologists are:
- Bristol County - 2,110 school psychologists
- Hartford County - 620 school psychologists
- Windham County - 450 school psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,810 school psychologists will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of school psychologists to grow by 5%.
On average, a school psychologist earns a salary of $75,050 per year in Massachusetts state. However, Massachusetts school psychologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,420 per year to more than $158,890 per year in 2010. A school psychologist in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Hartford County - $90,440 per year
- Middlesex County - $84,995 per year
- Franklin County - $82,040 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for school psychologists:
- Windham County - $63,610 per year
- Worcester County - $64,130 per year
- Berkshire County - $68,445 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in school psychology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||4,180||$75,050||14.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in Massachusetts