There are schools offering social work degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.9% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in social work. In other words, every year an estimated 2,053 social workers graduate from Massachusetts' 25 social work schools.
Boston College, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a social work program. It is located in Chestnut Hill. In 2010, Boston College graduated 227 students from its social work program. Boston College charged in-state students $40,542 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a social work program is Boston University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 132 students graduated with degree in social work from Boston University in 2010. The tuition rate at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
Brandeis University, which is located in Waltham, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with degree in social work from Brandeis University in 2010. Students at Brandeis University paid $40,289 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $22,070 per year, though tuition can range from $40,542 per year to $3,276 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Brandeis University - located in Waltham, students are charged $40,289 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
The social work schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Worcester County - $44,850 per year
- Barnstable County - $50,470 per year
- Hartford County - $52,800 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Social Work in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Healthcare Social Workers||n/a||$51,360|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||7,950||$42,180||-6.7%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||4,990||$43,370||26.0%|
|Social Workers, All Other||1,070||$50,260||59.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Massachusetts