There are schools offering audio production programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Audio Production Programs in Michigan
Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a audio production program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Michigan State University graduated 131 students from its audio production program. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a audio production program is Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Michigan Technological University audio production program. The tuition rate at Michigan Technological University was $12,017 per year.
Grand Valley State University, which is located in Allendale, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a audio production program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 32 students graduated with degree in audio production from Grand Valley State University in 2010. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan audio production school, average tuition will be $9,805 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $24,633 per year. The Michigan audio production schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lawrence Technological University - located in Southfield, students are charged $24,633 per year
- Spring Arbor University - located in Spring Arbor, students are charged $20,536 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
The audio production schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Schoolcraft College - located in Livonia, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
- Muskegon Community College - located in Muskegon, students are charged $2,700 per year
An audio production degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from audio production school in Michigan go on to work as an audio producer. Michigan had 1,040 audio producers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan audio producers:
- Lapeer County - 340 audio producers
- Wayne County - 200 audio producers
- Barry County - 90 audio producers
The government projects that the number of audio producers in Michigan will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,520 audio producers working in Michigan.
On average, audio producers earn $41,220 per year. However, Michigan audio producers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,960 per year to more than $91,820 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for an audio producer are:
- Antrim County - $51,330 per year
- Lapeer County - $48,320 per year
- Allegan County - $40,400 per year
On average, audio producers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Barry County - $31,960 per year
- Wayne County - $34,480 per year
- Clinton County - $36,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in audio production. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as audio production or music production.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Production in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Production in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Audio Production in Michigan
- Certificate in Audio Production in Michigan
Curious what studying Audio Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,040||$41,220||26.8%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||280||$39,850||27.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio production related jobs in Michigan