There are schools offering chemical engineering degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Chemical Engineering Programs in Michigan
Your Favorite Schools
Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a chemical engineering program. It is located in East Lansing. In 2010, 74 students graduated from Michigan State University's chemical engineering program. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a chemical engineering program is Kalamazoo College. Kalamazoo College, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Kalamazoo. Tuition at Kalamazoo College was $34,417 per year.
Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a chemical engineering program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 62 students graduated with degree in chemical engineering from Michigan Technological University in 2010. Students at Michigan Technological University paid $12,017 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's chemical engineering schools ranges from $34,417 per year to $9,006 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,671 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan chemical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Kalamazoo College - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $34,417 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Michigan Technological University - located in Houghton, students are charged $12,017 per year
The chemical engineering schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Western Michigan University - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $9,006 per year
- Wayne State University - located in Detroit, students are charged $9,026 per year
- Michigan State University - located in East Lansing, students are charged $11,152 per year
A chemical engineering degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from chemical engineering school in Michigan go on to work as a chemical engineer. Michigan had 1,170 chemical engineers in 2010. In Michigan, the largest numbers of chemical engineers work in the following counties:
- Wayne County - 140 chemical engineers
- Lapeer County - 80 chemical engineers
- Washtenaw County - 60 chemical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of chemical engineers is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,040 chemical engineers working in the Michigan then.
A chemical engineer in Michigan earns $82,600 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Michigan chemical engineers earned as little as less than $43,780 per year or as much as more than $151,860 per year. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a chemical engineer are:
- Barry County - $99,880 per year
- Wayne County - $87,650 per year
- Lapeer County - $83,120 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for chemical engineers:
- Allegan County - $78,240 per year
- Alger County - $79,820 per year
- Washtenaw County - $82,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in chemical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physics or chemistry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Chemical Engineering in Michigan
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,944 miles from location||Michigan State University||East Lansing||MI||83.667||40%||47,071|
|5,901 miles from location||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||Ann Arbor||MI||52.5737||41%||41,674|
|5,871 miles from location||Wayne State University||Detroit||MI||28.8305||38%||31,786|
|6,000 miles from location||Western Michigan University||Kalamazoo||MI||34.0778||31%||24,576|
|6,156 miles from location||Michigan Technological University||Houghton||MI||70.9808||36%||7,136|
|6,037 miles from location||Andrews University||Berrien Springs||MI||63.2907||42%||3,589|
|6,000 miles from location||Kalamazoo College||Kalamazoo||MI||72.5189||41%||1,384|
Curious what studying Chemical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other +||8,890||$82,980|
|Chemical Technicians +||1,950||$39,320||-25.0%|
|Chemical Engineers +||1,170||$82,600||24.5%|
|Nuclear Engineers +||350||$107,630|
|Petroleum Engineers +||40||$120,350||-20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are chemical engineering related jobs in Michigan