There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a cosmetology program is Twin City Beauty College. Twin City Beauty College, which was ranked 59th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Joseph. In 2010, 78 students graduated from Twin City Beauty College's cosmetology program.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a cosmetology program is Douglas J Aveda Institute, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. 623 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Douglas J Aveda Institute in 2010.
Michigan College of Beauty-Monroe, which is located in Monroe, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Michigan College of Beauty-Monroe graduated 87 students from its cosmetology programs. The tuition rate at Michigan College of Beauty-Monroe was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan cosmetology school, average tuition will be $948 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,106 per year to $19,790 per year. The Michigan cosmetology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Gogebic Community College - located in Ironwood, students are charged $3,340 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mott Community College - located in Flint, students are charged $2,602 per year
- Schoolcraft College - located in Livonia, students are charged $2,610 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. 12,090 cosmetologists were working in Michigan in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan cosmetologists:
- Lapeer County - 4,270 cosmetologists
- Wayne County - 1,710 cosmetologists
- Barry County - 1,510 cosmetologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of cosmetologists in the state of Michigan will grow to 24,770. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, a cosmetologist earns a salary of $24,760 per year in Michigan state. In 2010, however, some Michigan cosmetologists earned as little as less than $15,870 per year or as much as more than $58,630 per year. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a cosmetologist are:
- Berrien County - $32,680 per year
- Washtenaw County - $30,230 per year
- Ottawa County - $29,040 per year
On average, cosmetologists earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Alcona County - $21,170 per year
- Allegan County - $21,550 per year
- Muskegon County - $21,960 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Cosmetology in Michigan
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Michigan
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||12,090||$24,760||-11.6%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||780||$21,700||1.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Michigan