There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Michigan students graduate with degrees in crime scene investigation. In other words, every year an estimated 14 crime scene investigators graduate from Michigan's 8 crime scene investigation schools.
Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in East Lansing. 6 students graduated with a degree in crime scene investigation from Michigan State University in 2010. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a crime scene investigation program is Madonna University, which is located in Livonia. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, Madonna University graduated 3 students from its crime scene investigation program. Tuition at Madonna University was $13,840 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a crime scene investigation program is Ferris State University. Ferris State University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Big Rapids. Tuition at Ferris State University was $9,930 per year.
Crime scene investigation schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $10,759 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,500 per year, or as little as $2,106 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan crime scene investigation schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Olivet College - located in Olivet, students are charged $20,500 per year
- Marygrove College - located in Detroit, students are charged $17,180 per year
- Madonna University - located in Livonia, students are charged $13,840 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan crime scene investigation schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mott Community College - located in Flint, students are charged $2,602 per year
- Lake Superior State University - located in Sault Sainte Marie, students are charged $8,764 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from crime scene investigation school in Michigan go on to work as a crime scene investigator. 1,840 crime scene investigators were working in Michigan in 2010. In Michigan, the largest numbers of crime scene investigators work in the following counties:
- Wayne County - 790 crime scene investigators
- Lapeer County - 290 crime scene investigators
- Alger County - 120 crime scene investigators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of crime scene investigators in the state of Michigan will grow to 2,260. This would require a 9% growth in the profession.
A crime scene investigator in Michigan makes an average of $78,600 per year. However, Michigan crime scene investigators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $41,650 per year to more than $137,130 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a crime scene investigator are:
- Barry County - $91,240 per year
- Wayne County - $87,880 per year
- Genesee County - $84,960 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Allegan County - $56,110 per year
- Alger County - $66,220 per year
- Lapeer County - $75,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in crime scene investigation in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Michigan
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||1,840||$78,600||-8.9%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$63,440||4.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in Michigan