There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.5% of Michigan students graduate with degrees in elementary education. Thus, Michigan's 44 elementary education schools put out approximately 1,370 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a elementary education program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Michigan State University in 2010. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a elementary education program is Alma College. Alma College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Alma. In 2010, Alma College graduated 16 students from its elementary education program. The tuition rate at Alma College was $27,580 per year.
Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Central Michigan University elementary education program. Central Michigan University charged in-state students $9,688 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,576 per year, though tuition can range from $30,660 per year to $2,088 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Alma College - located in Alma, students are charged $27,580 per year
- Calvin College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $24,870 per year
The elementary education schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
An elementary education degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan elementary education graduates become elementary educators. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 40,100 Michigan elementary educators as of 2010. The largest populations of Michigan elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 10,200 elementary educators
- Wayne County - 7,200 elementary educators
- Allegan County - 4,000 elementary educators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of elementary educators in the state of Michigan will grow to 43,240. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
On average, elementary educators earn $56,870 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan elementary educators earned as little as less than $27,920 per year or as much as more than $86,470 per year. An elementary educator in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Wayne County - $62,370 per year
- Washtenaw County - $59,910 per year
- Lapeer County - $59,670 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Alger County - $46,170 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $49,820 per year
- Antrim County - $49,940 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Michigan
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||40,100||$56,870||-15.3%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||5,550||$87,180||-29.4%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||4,350||$58,640||-38.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,010||$52,370||-53.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Michigan