There are schools offering ESL classes in Michigan!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a ESL program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 26 students graduated with a degree in ESL from Michigan State University in 2010. Tuition at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a ESL program is Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 4 students graduated with degree in ESL from Central Michigan University in 2010. Central Michigan University charged in-state students $9,688 in tuition fees per year.
Andrews University, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a ESL program. It is located in Berrien Springs. In 2010, Andrews University graduated 2 students from its ESL programs. Andrews University charged in-state students $22,242 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's ESL schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,019 per year, though tuition can range from $22,242 per year to $8,378 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Cornerstone University - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $21,178 per year
- Kuyper College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $16,390 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
- Oakland University - located in Rochester, students are charged $9,285 per year
- Central Michigan University - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $9,688 per year
An ESL degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in Michigan go on to work as an english language teacher. Michigan had 1,690 english language teachers in 2010. In Michigan, the largest numbers of english language teachers work in the following counties:
- Washtenaw County - 330 english language teachers
- Wayne County - 250 english language teachers
- Lapeer County - 220 english language teachers
On average, english language teachers earn $67,830 per year. But, salaries for english language teachers can vary. In 2010, english language teachers made as little as less than $29,960 per year or as much as more than $113,510 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for an english language teacher are:
- Alger County - $73,880 per year
- Allegan County - $69,810 per year
- Wayne County - $68,430 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for english language teachers:
- Lapeer County - $63,540 per year
- Washtenaw County - $66,040 per year
- Wayne County - $68,430 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Esl in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Esl in Michigan
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,010||$52,370||-53.3%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||1,690||$67,830||7.0%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||1,590||$46,180||28.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Michigan