There are schools offering hotel management degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Hotel Management Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a hotel management program is Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Allendale. In 2010, 123 students graduated from Grand Valley State University's hotel management program. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a hotel management program is Central Michigan University. Central Michigan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Pleasant. Central Michigan University charged in-state students $9,688 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a hotel management program is Ferris State University, which is located in Big Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Ferris State University hotel management program. Students at Ferris State University paid $9,930 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Michigan hotel management school, average tuition will be $9,586 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,104 per year to $19,790 per year. The Michigan hotel management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Northwood University - located in Midland, students are charged $19,272 per year
- Davenport University - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $11,964 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan hotel management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
A hotel management degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of hotel management graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a hotel manager. Michigan had 620 hotel managers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan hotel managers:
- Wayne County - 110 hotel managers
- Allegan County - 80 hotel managers
- Antrim County - 70 hotel managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of hotel managers is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 950 hotel managers working in the Michigan then.
A hotel manager in Michigan makes an average of $50,780 per year. However, Michigan hotel managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,720 per year to more than $97,340 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Wayne County - $63,390 per year
- Antrim County - $60,570 per year
- Alger County - $58,420 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Lapeer County - $41,890 per year
- Allegan County - $43,530 per year
- Alger County - $58,420 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in hotel management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or hotel management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hotel Management in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management in Michigan
- Certificate in Hotel Management in Michigan
Curious what studying Hotel Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hotel management related jobs in Michigan