There are schools offering management courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a management program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, 258 students graduated from Michigan State University's management program. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a management program. It is located in Houghton. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Michigan Technological University management program. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a management program. It is located in Allendale. In 2010, Grand Valley State University graduated 124 students from its management programs. Tuition at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
Management schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $9,358 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,206 per year, or as little as $2,088 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Kettering University - located in Flint, students are charged $29,206 per year
- Adrian College - located in Adrian, students are charged $25,900 per year
- Lawrence Technological University - located in Southfield, students are charged $24,633 per year
The management schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
A management degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in Michigan go on to work as a manager. In 2010, there were 36,840 managers working in Michigan. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of managers are:
- Lapeer County - 11,300 managers
- Wayne County - 6,600 managers
- Barry County - 3,460 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 34,890 managers will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -4%.
On average, a manager earns a salary of $106,400 per year in Michigan state. In 2010, however, some Michigan managers earned as little as less than $32,370 per year or as much as more than $165,920 per year. On average a manager earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Wayne County - $120,550 per year
- Lapeer County - $115,160 per year
- Washtenaw County - $108,720 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Alcona County - $75,970 per year
- Alger County - $81,110 per year
- Bay County - $81,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Management in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Michigan
- Certificate in Management in Michigan
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,840||$106,400||-8.8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||35,950||$40,720||2.5%|
|Managers, All Other||10,380||$95,530||-24.9%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||9,860||$85,980||31.1%|
|Industrial Production Managers||8,270||$102,770||-0.5%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||4,860||$47,100||94.4%|
|Food Service Managers||4,110||$53,400||-33.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||940||$93,880||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Michigan