There are schools offering medical billing programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Medical Billing Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 0.5% of Michigan graduates receive certificates in medical billing. That means an estimated 1,290 medical billers graduate from Michigan's 42 medical billing schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a medical billing program is Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton, which is located in Brighton. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 57 students graduated from Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton's medical billing program.
Everest Institute-Southfield, which is located in Southfield, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical billing program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 32 students graduated with certificate in medical billing from Everest Institute-Southfield in 2010.
Ross Medical Education Center-Madison Heights, which is located in Madison Heights, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical billing program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 36 students graduated with certificate in medical billing from Ross Medical Education Center-Madison Heights in 2010. Tuition at Ross Medical Education Center-Madison Heights was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's medical billing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,620 per year, though tuition can range from $15,625 per year to $2,104 per year. The Michigan medical billing schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Dorsey Business Schools-Madison Heights - located in Madison Heights, students are charged $15,625 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Southgate - located in Southgate, students are charged $15,625 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville - located in Roseville, students are charged $15,625 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan medical billing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
- North Central Michigan College - located in Petoskey, students are charged $2,256 per year
A medical billing certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical billing school in Michigan go on to work as a medical biller. In 2010, there were 14,010 medical billers working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan medical billers are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 4,830 medical billers
- Wayne County - 2,030 medical billers
- Barry County - 1,160 medical billers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical billers is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 19,400 medical billers working in the Michigan then.
On average, medical billers earn $32,750 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan medical billers earned as little as less than $20,380 per year or as much as more than $48,480 per year. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a medical biller are:
- Washtenaw County - $35,750 per year
- Wayne County - $34,730 per year
- Lapeer County - $33,780 per year
On average, medical billers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Alcona County - $27,690 per year
- Alger County - $28,740 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $29,720 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical billing in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Billing in Michigan
- Certificate in Medical Billing in Michigan
Curious what studying Medical Billing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||14,010||$32,750||-22.9%|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,700||$35,620||-2.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical billing related jobs in Michigan