There are schools offering medical transcription training in Michigan!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Michigan students graduate with certificates in medical transcription. That means an estimated 102 medical transcriptionists graduate from Michigan's 19 medical transcription schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical transcription program is Gogebic Community College. Gogebic Community College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Ironwood. no students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from Gogebic Community College in 2010. Students at Gogebic Community College paid $3,340 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical transcription program is Davenport University. Davenport University, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Grand Rapids. The tuition rate at Davenport University was $11,964 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a medical transcription program is Lansing Community College, which is located in Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, Lansing Community College graduated 9 students from its medical transcription programs. Students at Lansing Community College paid $2,330 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's medical transcription schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,929 per year, though tuition can range from $11,964 per year to $2,106 per year. The Michigan medical transcription schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Davenport University - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $11,964 per year
- Baker College of Owosso - located in Owosso, students are charged $7,380 per year
- Baker College of Flint - located in Flint, students are charged $7,380 per year
The medical transcription schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
- North Central Michigan College - located in Petoskey, students are charged $2,256 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical transcription graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a medical transcriptionist. In 2010, there were 2,530 medical transcriptionists working in Michigan. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of medical transcriptionists are:
- Lapeer County - 660 medical transcriptionists
- Wayne County - 300 medical transcriptionists
- Barry County - 270 medical transcriptionists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical transcriptionists in the state of Michigan will grow to 3,090. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
On average, a medical transcriptionist earns a salary of $32,870 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. medical transcriptionists in Michigan had varying salaries from $19,980 to $43,260 per year in 2010. A medical transcriptionist in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lapeer County - $34,800 per year
- Washtenaw County - $33,810 per year
- Barry County - $33,440 per year
A medical transcriptionist in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Saginaw County - $26,490 per year
- Alger County - $28,790 per year
- Antrim County - $30,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in medical transcription and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Transcription in Michigan
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Michigan
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Michigan