There are schools offering nurse practitioner programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Nurse Practitioning Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a nurse practitioner program is Andrews University, which is located in Berrien Springs. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, Andrews University graduated 5 students from its nurse practitioner program. Tuition at Andrews University was $22,242 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a nurse practitioner program is Madonna University, which is located in Livonia. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, Madonna University graduated 22 students from its nurse practitioner program. The tuition rate at Madonna University was $13,840 per year.
University of Michigan-Flint, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a nurse practitioner program. It is located in Flint. In 2010, University of Michigan-Flint graduated 17 students from its nurse practitioner programs. Tuition at University of Michigan-Flint was $8,160 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan nurse practitioner school, average tuition will be $12,562 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,164 per year to $30,660 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan nurse practitioner schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
The nurse practitioner schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
- Saginaw Valley State University - located in University Center, students are charged $7,308 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
A nurse practitioner degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nurse practitioner school in Michigan go on to work as a nurse practitioner. In 2010, there were 1,790 nurse practitioners working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan nurse practitioners are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 270 nurse practitioners
- Alger County - 180 nurse practitioners
- Allegan County - 150 nurse practitioners
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nurse practitioners in the state of Michigan will grow to 1,990. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
A nurse practitioner in Michigan earns $75,900 per year on average. However, Michigan nurse practitioners earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,120 per year to more than $124,200 per year in 2010. A nurse practitioner in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Antrim County - $189,610 per year
- Allegan County - $127,020 per year
- Washtenaw County - $83,260 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for nurse practitioners:
- Saginaw County - $55,960 per year
- Clinton County - $56,390 per year
- Alger County - $67,580 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in nurse practitioning. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse anesthetist or MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Michigan
Curious what studying Nurse Practitioner gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||1,790||$75,900||-27.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nurse practitioner related jobs in Michigan