There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Michigan receive occupational therapy degrees every year. Thus, Michigan's 17 occupational therapy schools put out approximately 362 occupational therapists each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a occupational therapy program is Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Allendale. 17 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Grand Valley State University in 2010. Tuition at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a occupational therapy program is Eastern Michigan University. Eastern Michigan University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Ypsilanti. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Eastern Michigan University occupational therapy program. Tuition at Eastern Michigan University was $8,378 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a occupational therapy program is Calvin College, which is located in Grand Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Calvin College graduated 2 students from its occupational therapy programs. Tuition at Calvin College was $24,870 per year.
Occupational therapy schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $7,662 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,870 per year, or as little as $2,164 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Calvin College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $24,870 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Baker College Center for Graduate Studies - located in Flint, students are charged $9,840 per year
The occupational therapy schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Macomb Community College - located in Warren, students are charged $2,580 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. If you decide to work as an occupational therapist in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,940 Michigan occupational therapists as of 2010. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of occupational therapists are:
- Lapeer County - 1,030 occupational therapists
- Wayne County - 720 occupational therapists
- Barry County - 460 occupational therapists
The government projects that the number of occupational therapists in Michigan will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,290 occupational therapists working in Michigan.
On average, occupational therapists earn $65,750 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan occupational therapists earned as little as less than $18,120 per year or as much as more than $110,480 per year. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for occupational therapists:
- Lapeer County - $72,650 per year
- Wayne County - $68,710 per year
- Calhoun County - $66,210 per year
An occupational therapist in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Antrim County - $50,770 per year
- Jackson County - $57,240 per year
- Bay County - $57,830 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Michigan
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||740||$43,820||-16.9%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||210||$33,180||75.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Michigan