There are schools offering personal training certifications in Michigan!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Michigan graduates receive degrees in personal training. In other words, every year an estimated 137 personal trainers graduate from Michigan's 16 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a personal training program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 12 students graduated with a degree in personal training from Michigan State University in 2010. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
Grand Valley State University, which is located in Allendale, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Grand Valley State University personal training program. The tuition rate at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
Alma College, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a personal training program. It is located in Alma. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Alma College personal training program. Students at Alma College paid $27,580 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Michigan personal training school, average tuition will be $15,047 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,787 per year to $31,186 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- Alma College - located in Alma, students are charged $27,580 per year
- Hope College - located in Holland, students are charged $26,510 per year
The following Michigan personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Delta College - located in University Center, students are charged $2,787 per year
- Saginaw Valley State University - located in University Center, students are charged $7,308 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
A personal training degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a personal trainer. In 2010, there were 4,810 personal trainers working in Michigan. In Michigan, the largest numbers of personal trainers work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 1,870 personal trainers
- Barry County - 450 personal trainers
- Washtenaw County - 360 personal trainers
The government projects that the number of personal trainers in Michigan will grow by 25%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,780 personal trainers working in Michigan.
A personal trainer in Michigan earns $29,750 per year on average. But, salaries for personal trainers can vary. In 2010, personal trainers made as little as less than $15,890 per year or as much as more than $61,390 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a personal trainer are:
- Washtenaw County - $43,050 per year
- Ottawa County - $36,920 per year
- Clinton County - $32,550 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Genesee County - $21,930 per year
- Alcona County - $22,890 per year
- Berrien County - $23,770 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Michigan
- Certificate in Personal Training in Michigan
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||4,810||$29,750||-10.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Michigan