There are schools offering speech therapy programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in Michigan
Your Favorite Schools
Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. 97 students graduated with a degree in speech therapy from Michigan State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Central Michigan University graduated 158 students from its speech therapy program. The tuition rate at Central Michigan University was $9,688 per year.
Andrews University, which is located in Berrien Springs, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Andrews University speech therapy program. The tuition rate at Andrews University was $22,242 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's speech therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,778 per year, though tuition can range from $24,870 per year to $7,864 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan speech therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Calvin College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $24,870 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Michigan State University - located in East Lansing, students are charged $11,152 per year
The speech therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
- Western Michigan University - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $9,006 per year
A speech therapy degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of speech therapy graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a speech therapist. In 2010, there were 710 speech therapists working in Michigan. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of speech therapists are:
- Wayne County - 270 speech therapists
- Lapeer County - 120 speech therapists
- Washtenaw County - 50 speech therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of speech therapists in the state of Michigan will grow to 2,180. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
A speech therapist in Michigan earns $52,800 per year on average. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a speech therapist are:
- Lapeer County - $57,300 per year
- Washtenaw County - $56,080 per year
- Wayne County - $51,020 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for speech therapists are:
- Barry County - $46,010 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $46,280 per year
- Wayne County - $51,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in speech therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in Michigan
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,944 miles from location||Michigan State University||East Lansing||MI||83.667||40%||47,071|
|5,871 miles from location||Wayne State University||Detroit||MI||28.8305||38%||31,786|
|5,963 miles from location||Central Michigan University||Mount Pleasant||MI||66.6106||30%||27,247|
|6,000 miles from location||Western Michigan University||Kalamazoo||MI||34.0778||31%||24,576|
|5,898 miles from location||Eastern Michigan University||Ypsilanti||MI||62.0788||31%||22,893|
|6,101 miles from location||Northern Michigan University||Marquette||MI||29.1086||41%||9,428|
|6,002 miles from location||Calvin College||Grand Rapids||MI||34.2296||40%||4,092|
|6,037 miles from location||Andrews University||Berrien Springs||MI||63.2907||42%||3,589|
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Speech-Language Pathologists +||2,230||$70,340||-33.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in Michigan