There are schools offering sports management degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a sports management program is Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Central Michigan University's sports management program. The tuition rate at Central Michigan University was $9,688 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a sports management program is Eastern Michigan University, which is located in Ypsilanti. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, Eastern Michigan University graduated 14 students from its sports management program. Eastern Michigan University charged in-state students $8,378 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a sports management program is Madonna University, which is located in Livonia. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Madonna University sports management program. Students at Madonna University paid $13,840 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's sports management schools ranges from $23,206 per year to $7,308 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,399 per year. The Michigan sports management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Aquinas College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $23,206 per year
- Spring Arbor University - located in Spring Arbor, students are charged $20,536 per year
- Olivet College - located in Olivet, students are charged $20,500 per year
The sports management schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Saginaw Valley State University - located in University Center, students are charged $7,308 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
A sports management degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sports management school in Michigan go on to work as a sports manager. 10,380 sports managers were working in Michigan in 2010. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of sports managers are:
- Lapeer County - 2,730 sports managers
- Wayne County - 2,620 sports managers
- Clinton County - 920 sports managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sports managers in the state of Michigan will grow to 29,390. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
On average, sports managers earn $95,530 per year. However, Michigan sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,910 per year to more than $158,390 per year in 2010. A sports manager in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Wayne County - $117,670 per year
- Calhoun County - $105,230 per year
- Washtenaw County - $104,230 per year
A sports manager in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alcona County - $62,170 per year
- Antrim County - $67,290 per year
- Alger County - $71,830 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in sports management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Michigan
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||10,380||$95,530||-24.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Michigan