There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Michigan students graduate with certificates in surgical technology. Thus, Michigan's 17 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 295 surgical technologists each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a surgical technologist program is Northern Michigan University, which is located in Marquette. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 11 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Northern Michigan University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northern Michigan University was $7,864 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a surgical technologist program is Siena Heights University, which is located in Adrian. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, Siena Heights University graduated 1 students from its surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Siena Heights University was $19,790 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a surgical technologist program is Lansing Community College, which is located in Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Lansing Community College surgical technologist program. Students at Lansing Community College paid $2,330 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's surgical technologist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,793 per year, though tuition can range from $19,790 per year to $2,104 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan surgical technologist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Baker College of Allen Park - located in Allen Park, students are charged $7,380 per year
The following Michigan surgical technologist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in Michigan go on to work as a surgical technologist. In 2010, there were 2,640 surgical technologists working in Michigan. In Michigan, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Wayne County - 480 surgical technologists
- Lapeer County - 420 surgical technologists
- Barry County - 240 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Michigan will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,110 surgical technologists working in Michigan.
A surgical technologist in Michigan makes an average of $40,460 per year. However, Michigan surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,310 per year to more than $55,650 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Wayne County - $42,710 per year
- Barry County - $42,290 per year
- Washtenaw County - $41,870 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Monroe County - $31,480 per year
- Berrien County - $34,230 per year
- Alger County - $34,600 per year
For more data regarding a career in surgical technology in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Surgical Technology in Michigan
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Michigan
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Michigan