There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Minnesota
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Minnesota students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 422 administrative assistants graduate from Minnesota's 37 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a administrative assistant program is Northwestern College. Northwestern College, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Northwestern College's administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Northwestern College was $24,570 per year.
Crown College, which is located in Saint Bonifacius, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Crown College graduated 0 students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Crown College was $20,870 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a administrative assistant program is Minneapolis Business College, which is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 23 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Minneapolis Business College in 2010. Minneapolis Business College charged in-state students $14,090 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Minnesota's administrative assistant schools ranges from $24,570 per year to $4,551 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,321 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Northwestern College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $24,570 per year
- Crown College - located in Saint Bonifacius, students are charged $20,870 per year
- Globe University-Minneapolis - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $15,660 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Minnesota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 24,840 Minnesota administrative assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 18,410 administrative assistants
- Brown County - 1,230 administrative assistants
- Dodge County - 1,080 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 32,360 administrative assistants will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 6%.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $44,550 per year in Minnesota state. In 2010, however, some Minnesota administrative assistants earned as little as less than $25,230 per year or as much as more than $60,850 per year. An administrative assistant in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anoka County - $45,960 per year
- Carlton County - $42,110 per year
- Aitkin County - $41,370 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Big Stone County - $38,330 per year
- Becker County - $39,370 per year
- Blue Earth County - $40,050 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Minnesota
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Minnesota
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||59,230||$28,870||-16.7%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||24,840||$44,550||-9.2%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||11,790||$37,340||9.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Minnesota