There are schools offering biomedical engineering degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Biomedical Engineering Programs in Minnesota
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Minnesota graduates receive degrees in biomedical engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 179 biomedical engineers graduate from Minnesota's 7 biomedical engineering schools.
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a biomedical engineering program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 93 students graduated with a degree in biomedical engineering from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities charged in-state students $12,288 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a biomedical engineering program is University of Minnesota-Duluth. University of Minnesota-Duluth, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Duluth. 2 students graduated with degree in biomedical engineering from University of Minnesota-Duluth in 2010. Students at University of Minnesota-Duluth paid $11,808 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a biomedical engineering program is Saint Cloud State University, which is located in Saint Cloud. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Saint Cloud State University graduated 46 students from its biomedical engineering programs. The tuition rate at Saint Cloud State University was $6,660 per year.
Tuition at Minnesota's biomedical engineering schools ranges from $12,288 per year to $4,551 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,538 per year. The Minnesota biomedical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $12,288 per year
- University of Minnesota-Duluth - located in Duluth, students are charged $11,808 per year
- Saint Cloud State University - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $6,660 per year
The biomedical engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Rochester Community and Technical College - located in Rochester, students are charged $5,159 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
A biomedical engineering degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of biomedical engineering graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a biomedical engineer. 850 biomedical engineers were working in Minnesota in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota biomedical engineers are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 720 biomedical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of biomedical engineers is expected to grow by 72% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,360 biomedical engineers working in the Minnesota then.
On average, a biomedical engineer earns a salary of $94,870 per year in Minnesota state. However, Minnesota biomedical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $61,860 per year to more than $136,260 per year in 2010. A biomedical engineer in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anoka County - $93,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in biomedical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as biochemistry or engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biomedical Engineering in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Biomedical Engineering in Minnesota
- Certificate in Biomedical Engineering in Minnesota
Curious what studying Biomedical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biomedical engineering related jobs in Minnesota