There are schools offering computer engineering degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Computer Engineering Programs in Minnesota
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a computer engineering program. It is located in Minneapolis. 56 students graduated with a degree in computer engineering from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Students at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities paid $12,288 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a computer engineering program is University of Minnesota-Crookston, which is located in Crookston. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from University of Minnesota-Crookston computer engineering program. Students at University of Minnesota-Crookston paid $10,623 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a computer engineering program is Minnesota State University-Mankato. Minnesota State University-Mankato, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Mankato. In 2010, Minnesota State University-Mankato graduated 9 students from its computer engineering programs. Tuition at Minnesota State University-Mankato was $6,725 per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota computer engineering school, average tuition will be $10,250 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,033 per year to $26,090 per year. The Minnesota computer engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - located in Winona, students are charged $26,090 per year
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $12,288 per year
- University of Minnesota-Crookston - located in Crookston, students are charged $10,623 per year
The following Minnesota computer engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College - located in Fergus Falls, students are charged $5,033 per year
- Northland Community and Technical College - located in Thief River Falls, students are charged $5,099 per year
- Saint Cloud State University - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $6,660 per year
A computer engineering degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota computer engineering graduates become computer engineers. 810 computer engineers were working in Minnesota in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota computer engineers are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 470 computer engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer engineers in the state of Minnesota will shrink to 1,290. This would require a -20% decline in the profession.
A computer engineer in Minnesota earns $95,840 per year on average. But, salaries for computer engineers can vary. In 2010, computer engineers made as little as less than $58,400 per year or as much as more than $134,420 per year in Minnesota. A computer engineer in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anoka County - $93,000 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer engineering in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as software engineering or electrical engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Engineering in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering in Minnesota
Curious what studying Computer Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||810||$95,840||-29.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer engineering related jobs in Minnesota