There are schools offering computer networking courses in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Minnesota
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Minnesota graduates receive degrees in computer networking. In other words, every year an estimated 569 computer network administrators graduate from Minnesota's 40 computer networking schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a computer networking program is University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities graduated 4 students from its computer networking program. Students at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities paid $12,288 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a computer networking program is University of Minnesota-Duluth, which is located in Duluth. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from University of Minnesota-Duluth computer networking program. Students at University of Minnesota-Duluth paid $11,808 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a computer networking program is Crown College. Crown College, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Bonifacius. In 2010, Crown College graduated 3 students from its computer networking programs. The tuition rate at Crown College was $20,870 per year.
Tuition at Minnesota's computer networking schools ranges from $20,870 per year to $3,728 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,038 per year. The Minnesota computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Crown College - located in Saint Bonifacius, students are charged $20,870 per year
- Academy College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $19,095 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Eden Prairie - located in Eden Prairie, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota computer networking schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pine Technical College - located in Pine City, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
A computer networking degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota computer networking graduates become computer network administrators. Minnesota had 9,490 computer network administrators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota computer network administrators:
- Anoka County - 7,640 computer network administrators
- Brown County - 390 computer network administrators
- Becker County - 320 computer network administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,450 computer network administrators will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of computer network administrators to grow by 10%.
On average, a computer network administrator earns a salary of $69,510 per year in Minnesota state. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Anoka County - $72,290 per year
- Dodge County - $66,260 per year
- Blue Earth County - $62,160 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for computer network administrators are:
- Aitkin County - $51,360 per year
- Brown County - $55,040 per year
- Big Stone County - $56,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer networking in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Networking in Minnesota
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Minnesota
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||10,190||$70,040|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Minnesota