There are schools offering culinary programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Culinary Arts Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a culinary program is The Art Institutes International Minnesota. The Art Institutes International Minnesota, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, 49 students graduated from The Art Institutes International Minnesota's culinary program. Students at The Art Institutes International Minnesota paid $17,416 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a culinary program is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts. Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts graduated 368 students from its culinary program. Students at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts paid $16,978 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a culinary program is Southwest Minnesota State University. Southwest Minnesota State University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Marshall. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Southwest Minnesota State University culinary program. Tuition at Southwest Minnesota State University was $7,244 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's culinary schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,567 per year, though tuition can range from $17,416 per year to $4,630 per year. In 2010, the culinary schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- The Art Institutes International Minnesota - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $17,416 per year
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $16,978 per year
- Southwest Minnesota State University - located in Marshall, students are charged $7,244 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota culinary schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College - located in Hibbing, students are charged $4,845 per year
A culinary degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from culinary school in Minnesota go on to work as a chef. In 2010, there were 1,490 chefs working in Minnesota. The largest populations of Minnesota chefs are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 1,040 chefs
- Becker County - 150 chefs
- Carlton County - 100 chefs
The government projects that by 2018, the number of chefs in the state of Minnesota will grow to 1,840. This would require a 1% growth in the profession.
On average, chefs earn $43,450 per year. However, this number is only an average. chefs in Minnesota had varying salaries from $19,890 to $74,130 per year in 2010. On average a chef earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Brown County - $56,230 per year
- Aitkin County - $46,820 per year
- Dodge County - $46,130 per year
On average, chefs earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Becker County - $35,290 per year
- Carlton County - $38,820 per year
- Benton County - $39,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in culinary arts and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as pastry or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts in Minnesota
- Certificate in Culinary Arts in Minnesota
Curious what studying Culinary gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||7,930||$27,530||28.9%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||7,210||$17,890||12.0%|
|Cooks, Short Order||2,730||$20,030||-39.7%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||1,490||$43,450||-10.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are culinary related jobs in Minnesota