There are schools offering ESL classes in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Minnesota
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities' ESL program. The tuition rate at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities was $12,288 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a ESL program is Hamline University, which is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. 91 students graduated with degree in ESL from Hamline University in 2010. Hamline University charged in-state students $30,489 in tuition fees per year.
Concordia University-Saint Paul, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a ESL program. It is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, Concordia University-Saint Paul graduated 3 students from its ESL programs. Students at Concordia University-Saint Paul paid $27,400 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota ESL school, average tuition will be $18,189 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,725 per year to $30,489 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hamline University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,489 per year
- Bethel University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $28,080 per year
- Concordia University-Saint Paul - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $27,400 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Minnesota State University-Mankato - located in Mankato, students are charged $6,725 per year
- Minnesota State University-Moorhead - located in Moorhead, students are charged $6,924 per year
- Winona State University - located in Winona, students are charged $8,200 per year
An ESL degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in Minnesota go on to work as an english language teacher. If you decide to work as an english language teacher in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,050 Minnesota english language teachers as of 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of english language teachers are:
- Anoka County - 600 english language teachers
- Brown County - 110 english language teachers
- Carlton County - 80 english language teachers
An english language teacher in Minnesota earns $61,310 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Minnesota english language teachers earned as little as less than $34,190 per year or as much as more than $117,780 per year. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for an english language teacher are:
- Brown County - $71,960 per year
- Anoka County - $60,100 per year
- Becker County - $58,020 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for english language teachers:
- Carlton County - $56,300 per year
- Big Stone County - $57,990 per year
- Becker County - $58,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Esl in Minnesota
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,390||$51,190||71.2%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||1,050||$61,310||-17.3%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||910||$46,290||2.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Minnesota