There are schools offering LPN programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 1.1% of graduates in of Minnesota receive nursing certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,965 licensed practical nurses graduate from Minnesota's 22 LPN schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a LPN program is Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which is located in Granite Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. 59 students graduated with a certificate in LPN from Minnesota West Community and Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Minnesota West Community and Technical College was $5,154 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a LPN program is Ridgewater College. Ridgewater College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Willmar. In 2010, Ridgewater College graduated 89 students from its LPN program. Students at Ridgewater College paid $5,280 per year in tuition fees.
Mesabi Range Community and Technical College, which is located in Virginia, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. 30 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Mesabi Range Community and Technical College in 2010. Mesabi Range Community and Technical College charged in-state students $4,844 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota LPN school, average tuition will be $5,425 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,728 per year to $15,180 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota LPN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Rasmussen College-Minnesota - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $15,180 per year
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical - located in Winona, students are charged $5,319 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota LPN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pine Technical College - located in Pine City, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
A LPN certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota LPN graduates become licensed practical nurses. 18,870 licensed practical nurses were working in Minnesota in 2010. In Minnesota, the largest numbers of licensed practical nurses work in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 8,750 licensed practical nurses
- Becker County - 2,620 licensed practical nurses
- Brown County - 1,880 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed practical nurses in the state of Minnesota will grow to 23,640. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
A licensed practical nurse in Minnesota makes an average of $38,920 per year. However, Minnesota licensed practical nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,240 per year to more than $50,200 per year in 2010. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for a licensed practical nurse are:
- Dodge County - $41,990 per year
- Anoka County - $41,210 per year
- Carlton County - $38,770 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Becker County - $35,070 per year
- Aitkin County - $35,780 per year
- Big Stone County - $35,880 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Minnesota
- Certificate in Nursing in Minnesota
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||18,870||$38,920||3.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Minnesota