There are schools offering LVN programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a LVN program is Minnesota West Community and Technical College. Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Granite Falls. In 2010, 59 students graduated from Minnesota West Community and Technical College's LVN program. Tuition at Minnesota West Community and Technical College was $5,154 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a LVN program is Ridgewater College, which is located in Willmar. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. 89 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Ridgewater College in 2010. Students at Ridgewater College paid $5,280 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a LVN program is Mesabi Range Community and Technical College, which is located in Virginia. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 30 students graduated from Mesabi Range Community and Technical College LVN program. Mesabi Range Community and Technical College charged in-state students $4,844 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota LVN school, average tuition will be $5,425 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,728 per year to $15,180 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota LVN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Rasmussen College-Minnesota - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $15,180 per year
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical - located in Winona, students are charged $5,319 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pine Technical College - located in Pine City, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
A LVN certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of LVN graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a licensed vocational nurse. If you decide to work as a licensed vocational nurse in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 18,870 Minnesota licensed vocational nurses as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota licensed vocational nurses:
- Anoka County - 8,750 licensed vocational nurses
- Becker County - 2,620 licensed vocational nurses
- Brown County - 1,880 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed vocational nurses in Minnesota will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 23,640 licensed vocational nurses working in Minnesota.
On average, licensed vocational nurses earn $38,920 per year. However, Minnesota licensed vocational nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,240 per year to more than $50,200 per year in 2010. On average a licensed vocational nurse earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Dodge County - $41,990 per year
- Anoka County - $41,210 per year
- Carlton County - $38,770 per year
A licensed vocational nurse in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Becker County - $35,070 per year
- Aitkin County - $35,780 per year
- Big Stone County - $35,880 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Minnesota
- Certificate in Nursing in Minnesota
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||18,870||$38,920||3.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Minnesota