There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Minnesota
Each year, roughly 0.5% of Minnesota students graduate with certificates in medical assisting. That means an estimated 975 medical assistants graduate from Minnesota's 29 medical assistant schools each year.
Augsburg College, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Augsburg College's medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Augsburg College was $28,864 per year.
Minneapolis Business College, which is located in Saint Paul, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Minneapolis Business College graduated 112 students from its medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Minneapolis Business College was $14,090 per year.
Academy College, which is located in Minneapolis, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Academy College was $19,095 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's medical assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,529 per year, though tuition can range from $28,864 per year to $4,608 per year. The Minnesota medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Augsburg College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $28,864 per year
- Argosy University-Twin Cities - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $19,812 per year
- Academy College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $19,095 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
- Anoka Technical College - located in Anoka, students are charged $5,031 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. Minnesota had 7,020 medical assistants in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 5,040 medical assistants
- Big Stone County - 390 medical assistants
- Brown County - 390 medical assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,790 medical assistants will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of medical assistants to grow by 28%.
A medical assistant in Minnesota makes an average of $33,180 per year. However, Minnesota medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,330 per year to more than $52,400 per year in 2010. A medical assistant in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Dodge County - $38,580 per year
- Anoka County - $34,560 per year
- Carlton County - $30,780 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Brown County - $26,920 per year
- Aitkin County - $27,780 per year
- Big Stone County - $28,150 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Medical Assisting in Minnesota
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Minnesota
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Minnesota