There are schools offering medical transcription training in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Minnesota receive medical transcription certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 67 medical transcriptionists graduate from Minnesota's 9 medical transcription schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical transcription program is Ridgewater College. Ridgewater College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Willmar. In 2010, Ridgewater College graduated no students from its medical transcription program. Tuition at Ridgewater College was $5,280 per year.
Rasmussen College-Minnesota, which was ranked 82nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical transcription program. It is located in Saint Cloud. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Rasmussen College-Minnesota medical transcription program. Rasmussen College-Minnesota charged in-state students $15,180 in tuition fees per year.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College, which is located in Fergus Falls, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with certificate in medical transcription from Minnesota State Community and Technical College in 2010. Students at Minnesota State Community and Technical College paid $5,033 per year in tuition fees.
Medical transcription schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $6,183 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,180 per year, or as little as $4,608 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota medical transcription schools were charged at the following schools:
- Rasmussen College-Minnesota - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $15,180 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota medical transcription schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- South Central College - located in Mankato, students are charged $4,910 per year
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College - located in Fergus Falls, students are charged $5,033 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical transcription graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a medical transcriptionist. 3,000 medical transcriptionists were working in Minnesota in 2010. In Minnesota, the largest numbers of medical transcriptionists work in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 1,530 medical transcriptionists
- Dodge County - 430 medical transcriptionists
- Becker County - 230 medical transcriptionists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,950 medical transcriptionists will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of medical transcriptionists to grow by 11%.
A medical transcriptionist in Minnesota earns $35,540 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. medical transcriptionists in Minnesota had varying salaries from $22,910 to $49,390 per year in 2010. On average a medical transcriptionist earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Dodge County - $41,350 per year
- Carlton County - $36,440 per year
- Anoka County - $36,100 per year
A medical transcriptionist in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Big Stone County - $31,420 per year
- Becker County - $32,050 per year
- Brown County - $33,170 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in medical transcription. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Transcription in Minnesota
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Minnesota
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Minnesota