There are schools offering paralegal programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Minnesota
Hamline University, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a paralegal program. It is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, Hamline University graduated 44 students from its paralegal program. Students at Hamline University paid $30,489 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a paralegal program is Winona State University, which is located in Winona. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Winona State University paralegal program. Students at Winona State University paid $8,200 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a paralegal program is Minnesota School of Business, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Minnesota School of Business in 2010. Tuition at Minnesota School of Business was $15,660 per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota paralegal school, average tuition will be $13,333 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,608 per year to $30,489 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Hamline University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,489 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Eden Prairie - located in Eden Prairie, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Duluth Business University - located in Duluth, students are charged $15,785 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Inver Hills Community College - located in Inver Grove Heights, students are charged $4,950 per year
- North Hennepin Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,964 per year
A paralegal degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota paralegal graduates become paralegals. 3,890 paralegals were working in Minnesota in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota paralegals are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 3,110 paralegals
- Brown County - 180 paralegals
- Becker County - 160 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Minnesota will grow to 4,700. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in Minnesota earns $51,450 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. paralegals in Minnesota had varying salaries from $22,660 to $78,510 per year in 2010. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Anoka County - $54,130 per year
- Dodge County - $44,770 per year
- Aitkin County - $44,570 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Big Stone County - $34,930 per year
- Blue Earth County - $36,900 per year
- Becker County - $37,110 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Minnesota
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Minnesota
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,890||$51,450||-4.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Minnesota