There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Minnesota
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Michigan
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in North Dakota
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Iowa
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in South Dakota
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Nebraska
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Wisconsin
- See All Schools in Minnesota
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Minnesota graduates receive degrees in physical therapy assisting. That means an estimated 72 physical therapy assistants graduate from Minnesota's 6 physical therapy assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a physical therapy assistant program is St. Catherine University, which is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy assistant from St. Catherine University in 2010. Students at St. Catherine University paid $30,168 per year in tuition fees.
Dunwoody College of Technology, which is located in Minneapolis, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. Dunwoody College of Technology charged in-state students $15,575 in tuition fees per year.
Riverland Community College, which is located in Austin, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Riverland Community College in 2010. Students at Riverland Community College paid $5,070 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's physical therapy assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,845 per year, though tuition can range from $30,168 per year to $4,551 per year. In 2010, the physical therapy assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- St. Catherine University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,168 per year
- Dunwoody College of Technology - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $15,575 per year
- Northland Community and Technical College - located in Thief River Falls, students are charged $5,099 per year
The following Minnesota physical therapy assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Riverland Community College - located in Austin, students are charged $5,070 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota physical therapy assistant graduates become physical therapy assistants. If you decide to work as a physical therapy assistant in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 930 Minnesota physical therapy assistants as of 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of physical therapy assistants are:
- Anoka County - 420 physical therapy assistants
- Brown County - 110 physical therapy assistants
- Carlton County - 80 physical therapy assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,140 physical therapy assistants will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of physical therapy assistants to grow by 19%.
A physical therapy assistant in Minnesota makes an average of $42,540 per year. However, Minnesota physical therapy assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,840 per year to more than $57,280 per year in 2010. A physical therapy assistant in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Dodge County - $46,440 per year
- Anoka County - $43,460 per year
- Carlton County - $43,310 per year
On average, physical therapy assistants earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Big Stone County - $40,040 per year
- Brown County - $40,740 per year
- Becker County - $41,610 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Minnesota
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,388 miles from location||Anoka-Ramsey Community College||Minneapolis||MN||9.66731||n/a||9,192|
|6,381 miles from location||St. Catherine University||Saint Paul||MN||28.6143||29%||5,277|
|6,326 miles from location||Lake Superior College||Duluth||MN||12.6413||n/a||4,898|
|6,509 miles from location||Northland Community and Technical College||Thief River Falls||MN||14.4508||n/a||4,243|
|6,375 miles from location||Riverland Community College||Austin||MN||17.69||n/a||3,867|
|6,386 miles from location||Dunwoody College of Technology||Minneapolis||MN||20.7351||30%||1,546|
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants +||930||$42,540||-8.8%|
|Physical Therapist Aides +||390||$25,430||8.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Minnesota