There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Minnesota receive surgical technology certificates every year. That means an estimated 121 surgical technologists graduate from Minnesota's 8 surgical technologist schools each year.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Winona. no students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota in 2010. Students at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota paid $26,090 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a surgical technologist program is Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which is located in Granite Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. In 2010, Minnesota West Community and Technical College graduated 9 students from its surgical technologist program. Students at Minnesota West Community and Technical College paid $5,154 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a surgical technologist program is Anthem College-Minnesota, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Anthem College-Minnesota surgical technologist program. Anthem College-Minnesota charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Surgical technologist schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $7,008 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,090 per year, or as little as $4,608 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota surgical technologist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - located in Winona, students are charged $26,090 per year
- Rochester Community and Technical College - located in Rochester, students are charged $5,159 per year
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College - located in Granite Falls, students are charged $5,154 per year
The following Minnesota surgical technologist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $4,920 per year
- Anoka Technical College - located in Anoka, students are charged $5,031 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. Minnesota had 1,730 surgical technologists in 2010. In Minnesota, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 850 surgical technologists
- Dodge County - 350 surgical technologists
- Carlton County - 140 surgical technologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,370 surgical technologists will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of surgical technologists to grow by 24%.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $47,600 per year in Minnesota state. In 2010, however, some Minnesota surgical technologists earned as little as less than $26,730 per year or as much as more than $66,530 per year. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Dodge County - $52,510 per year
- Carlton County - $48,310 per year
- Anoka County - $47,780 per year
On average, surgical technologists earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Becker County - $39,410 per year
- Big Stone County - $40,260 per year
- Aitkin County - $43,470 per year
For more data regarding a career in surgical technology in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Minnesota
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Minnesota
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Minnesota