There are schools offering construction management certificates in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Construction Management Programs in Mississippi
- Construction Management Certificates in Tennessee
- Construction Management Certificates in Missouri
- Construction Management Certificates in Arkansas
- Construction Management Certificates in Georgia
- Construction Management Certificates in Alabama
- Construction Management Certificates in Louisiana
- See All Schools in Mississippi
Around 0.1% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from construction management degree programs every year. Thus, Mississippi's 8 construction management schools put out approximately 104 construction managers each year.
Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a construction management program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 50 students graduated from Mississippi State University's construction management program. The tuition rate at Mississippi State University was $5,461 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a construction management program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. The tuition rate at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a construction management program is Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Copiah-Lincoln Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Wesson. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Copiah-Lincoln Community College construction management program. Students at Copiah-Lincoln Community College paid $2,100 per year in tuition fees.
Construction management schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $4,584 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,048 per year, or as little as $1,938 per year. In 2010, the construction management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Mississippi State University - located in Mississippi State, students are charged $5,461 per year
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
The construction management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College - located in Wesson, students are charged $2,100 per year
A construction management degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi construction management graduates become construction managers. Mississippi had 1,350 construction managers in 2010. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of construction managers work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 260 construction managers
- Alcorn County - 250 construction managers
- Hancock County - 220 construction managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,300 construction managers will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of construction managers to grow by 7%.
On average, a construction manager earns a salary of $64,320 per year in Mississippi state. However, this number is only an average. construction managers in Mississippi had varying salaries from $31,370 to $120,940 per year in 2010. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for construction managers:
- George County - $78,980 per year
- Forrest County - $75,570 per year
- Copiah County - $70,640 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for construction managers are:
- Attala County - $49,050 per year
- Alcorn County - $54,530 per year
- Adams County - $57,000 per year
For more data regarding a career in construction management in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or real estate, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management in Mississippi
- Certificate in Construction Management in Mississippi
Curious what studying Construction Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||5,560||$51,760||12.8%|
|Construction and Building Inspectors||530||$42,270||51.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are construction management related jobs in Mississippi