There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Mississippi
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Mississippi students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. That means an estimated 107 electrical engineers graduate from Mississippi's 15 electrical engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a electrical engineering program is Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Poplarville. In 2010, Pearl River Community College graduated 6 students from its electrical engineering program. Students at Pearl River Community College paid $2,180 per year in tuition fees.
University of Southern Mississippi, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Hattiesburg. 1 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from University of Southern Mississippi in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Southern Mississippi was $5,452 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a electrical engineering program is East Central Community College. East Central Community College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Decatur. In 2010, East Central Community College graduated 3 students from its electrical engineering programs. Students at East Central Community College paid $1,980 per year in tuition fees.
Electrical engineering schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $3,421 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,048 per year, or as little as $1,680 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi electrical engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Southern Mississippi - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $5,452 per year
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
The electrical engineering schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. If you decide to work as an electrical engineer in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 690 Mississippi electrical engineers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi electrical engineers:
- Hancock County - 150 electrical engineers
- Copiah County - 130 electrical engineers
- Clarke County - 100 electrical engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electrical engineers in the state of Mississippi will grow to 1,220. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
An electrical engineer in Mississippi makes an average of $72,730 per year. However, Mississippi electrical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $39,370 per year to more than $121,550 per year in 2010. On average an electrical engineer earns the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Adams County - $85,110 per year
- Hancock County - $77,420 per year
- Clarke County - $73,400 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for electrical engineers are:
- Copiah County - $67,050 per year
- Alcorn County - $71,770 per year
- Clarke County - $73,400 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Mississippi
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Mississippi
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||900||$53,960||-35.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Mississippi