There are schools offering health information management programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Health Information Management Programs in Mississippi
- Health Information Management Programs in Tennessee
- Health Information Management Programs in Missouri
- Health Information Management Programs in Arkansas
- Health Information Management Programs in Georgia
- Health Information Management Programs in Alabama
- Health Information Management Programs in Louisiana
- See All Schools in Mississippi
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Mississippi receive health information management degrees every year. Thus, Mississippi's 8 health information management schools put out approximately 18 health information managers each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a health information management program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. no students graduated with a degree in health information management from Hinds Community College in 2010. Tuition at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a health information management program is Holmes Community College. Holmes Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Goodman. Tuition at Holmes Community College was $1,938 per year.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a health information management program. It is located in Perkinston. 0 students graduated with degree in health information management from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College charged in-state students $2,712 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's health information management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,881 per year, though tuition can range from $2,712 per year to $1,938 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi health information management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Mississippi Delta Community College - located in Moorhead, students are charged $2,220 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi health information management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- Coahoma Community College - located in Clarksdale, students are charged $2,040 per year
A health information management degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information management graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a health information manager. In 2010, there were 2,420 health information managers working in Mississippi. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of health information managers work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 610 health information managers
- Alcorn County - 370 health information managers
- Attala County - 320 health information managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,150 health information managers will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of health information managers to grow by 18%.
On average, a health information manager earns a salary of $76,900 per year in Mississippi state. In 2010, however, some Mississippi health information managers earned as little as less than $37,000 per year or as much as more than $125,010 per year. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a health information manager are:
- Hancock County - $100,440 per year
- George County - $81,920 per year
- Copiah County - $79,320 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for health information managers are:
- Adams County - $67,000 per year
- Clarke County - $69,120 per year
- Forrest County - $69,860 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in health information management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information Management in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management in Mississippi
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,249 miles from location||Hinds Community College||Raymond||MS||19.3052||n/a||11,752|
|6,174 miles from location||Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Perkinston||MS||18.5666||n/a||10,064|
|6,223 miles from location||Northwest Mississippi Community College||Senatobia||MS||17.4796||n/a||8,211|
|6,220 miles from location||Holmes Community College||Goodman||MS||18.8771||n/a||6,466|
|6,143 miles from location||Northeast Mississippi Community College||Booneville||MS||17.6045||n/a||3,633|
|6,254 miles from location||Mississippi Delta Community College||Moorhead||MS||17.0619||n/a||3,302|
|6,258 miles from location||Coahoma Community College||Clarksdale||MS||17.9142||n/a||2,565|
|6,235 miles from location||University of Mississippi Medical Center||Jackson||MS||4.61666||n/a||2,412|
Curious what studying Health Information Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||2,420||$76,900||32.2%|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians +||2,020||$27,230||-13.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information management related jobs in Mississippi