There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Mississippi receive healthcare management degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 18 healthcare managers graduate from Mississippi's 9 healthcare management schools.
Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a healthcare management program. It is located in Raymond. no students graduated with a degree in healthcare management from Hinds Community College in 2010. Tuition at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a healthcare management program is Itawamba Community College. Itawamba Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Fulton. The tuition rate at Itawamba Community College was $1,680 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a healthcare management program is Holmes Community College, which is located in Goodman. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. Tuition at Holmes Community College was $1,938 per year.
Healthcare management schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $1,859 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,712 per year, or as little as $1,680 per year. The Mississippi healthcare management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Mississippi Delta Community College - located in Moorhead, students are charged $2,220 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi healthcare management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A healthcare management degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare management graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a healthcare manager. If you decide to work as a healthcare manager in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,420 Mississippi healthcare managers as of 2010. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of healthcare managers work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 610 healthcare managers
- Alcorn County - 370 healthcare managers
- Attala County - 320 healthcare managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of healthcare managers is expected to grow by 18% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,150 healthcare managers working in the Mississippi then.
On average, a healthcare manager earns a salary of $76,900 per year in Mississippi state. But, salaries for healthcare managers can vary. In 2010, healthcare managers made as little as less than $37,000 per year or as much as more than $125,010 per year in Mississippi. A healthcare manager in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Hancock County - $100,440 per year
- George County - $81,920 per year
- Copiah County - $79,320 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare managers are:
- Adams County - $67,000 per year
- Clarke County - $69,120 per year
- Forrest County - $69,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in healthcare management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or business management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Management in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Mississippi
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||2,420||$76,900||32.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Mississippi