There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Mississippi
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a hospitality program is University of Mississippi Main Campus. University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in University. 45 students graduated with a degree in hospitality from University of Mississippi Main Campus in 2010. University of Mississippi Main Campus charged in-state students $5,436 in tuition fees per year.
University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 25 students graduated from University of Southern Mississippi hospitality program. Students at University of Southern Mississippi paid $5,452 per year in tuition fees.
Delta State University, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a hospitality program. It is located in Cleveland. In 2010, Delta State University graduated 2 students from its hospitality programs. Students at Delta State University paid $4,851 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Mississippi's hospitality schools ranges from $14,850 per year to $1,950 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,008 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- Antonelli College - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $14,850 per year
- University of Southern Mississippi - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $5,452 per year
- University of Mississippi Main Campus - located in University, students are charged $5,436 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
A hospitality degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook are the professions of choice for a majority of hospitality graduates in Mississippi. Mississippi had 28,760 hospitality professionals in 2010. 480 of these hospitality professionals were hotel managers, 1,300 were restaurant managers, and 550 were sous chefs. The Mississippi counties with the largest populations of hospitality professional are:
- Copiah County - 6,170 hospitality professionals
- Alcorn County - 4,660 hospitality professionals
- Hancock County - 3,400 hospitality professionals
The government projects that the number of hospitality professionals in Mississippi will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 42,130 hospitality professionals working in Mississippi. The greatest growth for hospitality professional is predicted to be amongst Line Cooks, who are expected to increase by 17% by 2018.
On average, hospitality professionals earn a salary of $28,914 per year in Mississippi state. But, salaries for hospitality professional can vary. In 2010, hospitality professional made as little as less than $15,310 per year or as much as more than $86,120 per year in Mississippi. On average hospitality professional earn the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Hancock County - $31,516 per year
- Copiah County - $30,054 per year
- Clarke County - $29,767 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Attala County - $22,502 per year
- George County - $24,968 per year
- Alcorn County - $26,637 per year
The hospitality professionals with highest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Restaurant Manager - $49,280 per year
- Hotel Manager - $40,990 per year
- Sous Chef - $37,770 per year
On average, the lowest paid hospitality professionals in Mississippi were:
- Pizza Maker - $17,390 per year
- Delicatessen Cook - $17,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in hospitality and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Mississippi
- Certificate in Hospitality in Mississippi
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Fast Food||11,500||$17,390||-10.7%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||6,070||$18,900||-19.1%|
|Cooks, Short Order||1,850||$17,350||-12.3%|
|Food Service Managers||1,300||$49,280||-46.1%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||550||$37,770|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Mississippi