There are schools offering LPN programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Mississippi
Each year, approximately 1.2% of Mississippi graduates receive certificates in nursing. In other words, every year an estimated 844 licensed practical nurses graduate from Mississippi's 15 LPN schools.
Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a LPN program. It is located in Poplarville. 88 students graduated with a certificate in LPN from Pearl River Community College in 2010. Students at Pearl River Community College paid $2,180 per year in tuition fees.
East Central Community College, which is located in Decatur, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, East Central Community College graduated 15 students from its LPN program. Tuition at East Central Community College was $1,980 per year.
Hinds Community College, which is located in Raymond, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 140 students graduated from Hinds Community College LPN program. Tuition at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's LPN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,132 per year, though tuition can range from $2,712 per year to $1,680 per year. In 2010, the LPN schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The following Mississippi LPN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A LPN certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi LPN graduates become licensed practical nurses. In 2010, there were 10,570 licensed practical nurses working in Mississippi. The largest populations of Mississippi licensed practical nurses are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 2,640 licensed practical nurses
- Alcorn County - 2,300 licensed practical nurses
- Attala County - 1,320 licensed practical nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed practical nurses is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 14,900 licensed practical nurses working in the Mississippi then.
On average, licensed practical nurses earn $34,930 per year. However, Mississippi licensed practical nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,590 per year to more than $47,650 per year in 2010. On average a licensed practical nurse earns the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Attala County - $36,870 per year
- Hancock County - $36,210 per year
- Copiah County - $35,770 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for licensed practical nurses are:
- George County - $31,110 per year
- Forrest County - $31,260 per year
- Clarke County - $32,920 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Mississippi
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||10,570||$34,930||6.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Mississippi