There are schools offering LVN programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Mississippi
Each year, roughly 1.2% of Mississippi students graduate with certificates in nursing. In other words, every year an estimated 844 licensed vocational nurses graduate from Mississippi's 15 LVN schools.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a LVN program is Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Poplarville. In 2010, 88 students graduated from Pearl River Community College's LVN program. Tuition at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a LVN program is East Central Community College, which is located in Decatur. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. 15 students graduated with certificate in LVN from East Central Community College in 2010. Tuition at East Central Community College was $1,980 per year.
Hinds Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a LVN program. It is located in Raymond. In 2010, 140 students graduated from Hinds Community College LVN program. The tuition rate at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
Tuition at Mississippi's LVN schools ranges from $2,712 per year to $1,680 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,132 per year. The Mississippi LVN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The LVN schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A LVN certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of LVN graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a licensed vocational nurse. In 2010, there were 10,570 licensed vocational nurses working in Mississippi. The largest populations of Mississippi licensed vocational nurses are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 2,640 licensed vocational nurses
- Alcorn County - 2,300 licensed vocational nurses
- Attala County - 1,320 licensed vocational nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed vocational nurses is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 14,900 licensed vocational nurses working in the Mississippi then.
A licensed vocational nurse in Mississippi earns $34,930 per year on average. But, salaries for licensed vocational nurses can vary. In 2010, licensed vocational nurses made as little as less than $22,590 per year or as much as more than $47,650 per year in Mississippi. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a licensed vocational nurse are:
- Attala County - $36,870 per year
- Hancock County - $36,210 per year
- Copiah County - $35,770 per year
The following counties in Mississippi have the lowest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- George County - $31,110 per year
- Forrest County - $31,260 per year
- Clarke County - $32,920 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Mississippi
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||10,570||$34,930||6.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Mississippi