There are schools offering MBA programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Mississippi
The top-ranked school in Mississippi with a MBA program is Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 354 students graduated with a degree in MBA from Mississippi State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Mississippi State University was $5,461 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a MBA program is University of Mississippi Main Campus, which is located in University. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 228 students graduated from University of Mississippi Main Campus MBA program. University of Mississippi Main Campus charged in-state students $5,436 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a MBA program is University of Southern Mississippi. University of Southern Mississippi, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Hattiesburg. In 2010, University of Southern Mississippi graduated 180 students from its MBA programs. The tuition rate at University of Southern Mississippi was $5,452 per year.
Mba schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $7,618 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $27,812 per year, or as little as $1,950 per year. In 2010, the MBA schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Millsaps College - located in Jackson, students are charged $27,812 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
The MBA schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College - located in Wesson, students are charged $2,100 per year
A MBA degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from MBA school in Mississippi go on to work as a general manager. If you decide to work as a general manager in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 15,460 Mississippi general managers as of 2010. The largest populations of Mississippi general managers are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 4,570 general managers
- Alcorn County - 2,900 general managers
- Attala County - 1,560 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Mississippi will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,750 general managers working in Mississippi.
A general manager in Mississippi earns $87,910 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Mississippi had varying salaries from $36,450 to $159,150 per year in 2010. On average a general manager earns the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Copiah County - $94,940 per year
- George County - $92,470 per year
- Clarke County - $89,670 per year
The following counties in Mississippi have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Adams County - $80,990 per year
- Alcorn County - $82,030 per year
- Attala County - $83,520 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||15,460||$87,910||3.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Mississippi