There are schools offering paramedic programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Mississippi
Around 0.2% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 172 paramedics graduate from Mississippi's 10 paramedic schools.
East Central Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a paramedic program. It is located in Decatur. 1 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from East Central Community College in 2010. Tuition at East Central Community College was $1,980 per year.
Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a paramedic program. It is located in Raymond. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Hinds Community College paramedic program. Hinds Community College charged in-state students $2,060 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a paramedic program is Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Copiah-Lincoln Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Wesson. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Copiah-Lincoln Community College paramedic program. Copiah-Lincoln Community College charged in-state students $2,100 in tuition fees per year.
Paramedic schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $1,909 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,712 per year, or as little as $1,680 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The paramedic schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Mississippi go on to work as a paramedic. If you decide to work as a paramedic in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,750 Mississippi paramedics as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi paramedics:
- Copiah County - 440 paramedics
- Alcorn County - 390 paramedics
- Adams County - 230 paramedics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paramedics is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,860 paramedics working in the Mississippi then.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $29,180 per year in Mississippi state. In 2010, however, some Mississippi paramedics earned as little as less than $16,790 per year or as much as more than $46,870 per year. A paramedic in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- George County - $37,040 per year
- Copiah County - $31,630 per year
- Attala County - $30,000 per year
On average, paramedics earns the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Adams County - $27,740 per year
- Alcorn County - $29,030 per year
- Clarke County - $29,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Mississippi
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Mississippi
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||1,750||$29,180||27.7%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||490||$19,010||19.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Mississippi