There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Missouri
The top-ranked school in Missouri that has a dental assistant program is Nichols Career Center. Nichols Career Center, which was ranked 53rd in the country in 2010, is located in Jefferson City. 13 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Nichols Career Center in 2010.
Midwest Institute, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Midwest Institute dental assistant program.
Franklin Technology-MSSU, which is located in Joplin, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Franklin Technology-MSSU graduated 4 students from its dental assistant programs. Tuition at Franklin Technology-MSSU was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri dental assistant school, average tuition will be $4,598 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,352 per year to $15,455 per year. In 2010, the following Missouri dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Missouri College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $15,455 per year
- Everest College-Springfield Campus - located in Springfield, students are charged $12,708 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $11,829 per year
The dental assistant schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ozarks Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley - located in Kansas City, students are charged $2,460 per year
- Saint Louis Community College-Forest Park - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental assistant graduates in Missouri pursue careers as a dental assistant. Missouri had 5,110 dental assistants in 2010. The largest populations of Missouri dental assistants are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 2,540 dental assistants
- Franklin County - 1,960 dental assistants
- Christian County - 500 dental assistants
The government projects that the number of dental assistants in Missouri will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,060 dental assistants working in Missouri.
A dental assistant in Missouri makes an average of $33,490 per year. In 2010, however, some Missouri dental assistants earned as little as less than $18,520 per year or as much as more than $46,100 per year. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Bond County - $35,730 per year
- Franklin County - $34,770 per year
- Callaway County - $34,390 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for dental assistants are:
- Barry County - $25,710 per year
- Adair County - $28,140 per year
- Jasper County - $28,720 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in dental assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Missouri
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Missouri
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||830||$40,150||-15.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Missouri