There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Missouri
Around 0.1% of Missouri's graduates graduate from graphic design degree programs every year. That means an estimated 150 graphic designers graduate from Missouri's 25 graphic design schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a graphic design program is Stephens College, which is located in Columbia. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. 2 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Stephens College in 2010. The tuition rate at Stephens College was $25,400 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a graphic design program is Hannibal Career and Technical Center. Hannibal Career and Technical Center, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Hannibal.
Nichols Career Center, which is located in Jefferson City, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 53rd in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Nichols Career Center was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Missouri's graphic design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,617 per year, though tuition can range from $29,866 per year to $1,920 per year. The Missouri graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Kansas City Art Institute - located in Kansas City, students are charged $29,866 per year
- Stephens College - located in Columbia, students are charged $25,400 per year
- Maryville University of Saint Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $21,910 per year
The following Missouri graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Ozarks Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Saint Louis Community College-Meramec - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
A graphic design degree from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri graphic design graduates become graphic designers. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Missouri, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,760 Missouri graphic designers as of 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Franklin County - 1,900 graphic designers
- Bond County - 1,880 graphic designers
- Christian County - 330 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Missouri will grow by 1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,940 graphic designers working in Missouri.
A graphic designer in Missouri earns $44,910 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Missouri graphic designers earned as little as less than $17,880 per year or as much as more than $61,200 per year. A graphic designer in the following Missouri counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bond County - $47,240 per year
- Franklin County - $46,180 per year
- Christian County - $40,750 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in Missouri make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $30,470 per year
- Adair County - $30,660 per year
- Audrain County - $32,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Missouri
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Missouri
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Missouri